Pages



Tuesday, April 12, 2016

tulip fields

Spring, I love you. I'm often torn over which season to call my favorite, as I find myself enamored over each one every time they approach. But spring, you're a tough one to beat; with all of your bloom. Seriously, it's so enchanting. On Sunday I headed to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival with a girlfriend, and I anticipated a stressful day because of the popularity the festival has received over the last few years. I've been coming every year for awhile and this was the most packed that I have ever seen it.  Luckily for me, you can't really tell by the photos. I think we had the perfect plan though. We arrived around three o'clock expecting people would be heading home. As we approached the fields with wine in hand, we decided the best approach would be to hang out in the grass and finish our wine before tackling the crowded fields. We kept commenting on how the people would disperse well before six o'clock. Then we kept saying it wouldn't even matter since there was no way we would be there until that time. You guys, we were there until that time. Three hours of blissfulness roaming through the tulips, and we were right. The crowds died off, and there were moments I felt like we had the fields to ourselves. 

No comments :

Post a Comment