Pages



Tuesday, August 6, 2013

San Francisco Treat


San Francisco was the first stop on our road trip and will forever be one of my favorite cities.  The sites, steep rolling hills, busy city life, and old architecture charm is enough to make a girl want to pack up and relocate.  We drove into the bay and I immediately panicked because I spaced when packing for the expected heat that would linger with us from state to state.  I forgot to take into account the cool temperatures and San Francisco fog that is usually present each time I visit.  I made my wardrobe work though as we hit nearly all the tourist sites we wanted to see.  We started our day by stopping by Tartine Bakery and picking up delicious pastries and coffee then headed down to see the Golden Gate.  After experiencing the bridge from multiple angles we headed to Pier 39 where we made it a must to indulge in clam chowder and fish and chips.  You cannot go to the bay and not experience these things.  Some friends from high school were also in the area so before we headed off to what we refer to as the Italian District, we drove down the famous Lombard Street and admired the beautiful houses the winding site had to offer. 

No comments :

Post a Comment