Pages



Sunday, December 28, 2014

finding beauty in greece


With as much excitement I had to experience all that is Greece, I really struggled there. Athens was nothing like we expected, as I pictured all of Greece to be coastal hillside towns, with white stone buildings and blue rooftops.  You know, like you see in the movies? Athens is nothing of the sort, as it is overly populated with the coast nowhere in site.  We did find it's beauty as we escaped to the old historical neighborhood known as Plaka, where I indulged in my first euro ever, and roamed old multicolored streets.  However, Plaka wasn't enough as we discovered Aegina Island was only a little over an hour away and we altered our travel plans immediately.  The Port of Aegina offers endless amounts of outdoor patios where you can take in the view. We spent the day walking along the port enjoying frozen yogurt, driving up into the hills, and learning about some of Aegina's history.  I'm truly happy I was able to relax here and experience a brief moment of coastal Greece before realizing my valuables had been stolen.  By the time that occurred, I was ready to head over to Italy. 

No comments :

Post a Comment