Pages



Tuesday, March 24, 2015

bridges & canals


Venice is the most beautifully set city that I have had the privilege of roaming through.  There is just something about canals functioning as roads, with miniature bridges to guide your curious path.   As I strolled through it's populated streets, I did my best to take in this little city's elegant decay.  I could never in a million years ever see myself having the luxury of experiencing a place with such unique character and charm.  My time spent here is something I will always cherish.  As even today I can still remember the calming peace I had while standing over the Grand Canal on the Rialto Bridge, sitting in San Marco Square, and while third wheeling it during a gondola ride into the Guidecca Canal.  Venice has the ability to pull you out of routine life, as it isolates you and hits you with island fever in an entirely satisfying way.

No comments :

Post a Comment