Pages



Wednesday, February 17, 2016

on dating solo

I have always thought it was the saddest thing to see people eating alone; and I still do. I immediately jump to conclusions that they are lonely and need a friend.  However, I had some time to myself and decided to stroll into St. Honoré Bakery. Oh, the love I have for this great place. I ordered my vanilla latte (which is a new favorite of mine, as I started on the coffee train a little late in life), and pastry. I was then questioned on whether I'd like it "for here, or to go?" Stumped. I spotted a chair at the bar and bravely said "for here!" Considering, if you don't have a table to yourself then it doesn't seem as bad, right? Then I got to the bar and set my purse on the chair next to me. It wasn't long until a mom and kids came by and asked if someone would be joining me. I immediately felt like a loser answering no and moving my purse. This mom chatted it up with the baker and as I listened in on studying abroad in France and all things French baking, I actually realized I was enjoying it. At the end of it, it wasn't so bad. I survived my solo date.
After my cafe visit, I headed over to a new little place in Portland: Work/Shop. Run. Don't walk. It's the cutest little thing. I'm anxiously waiting for their next calligraphy workshop, as I'm dying to learn. Here are a few tidbits: 
I even got myself a little gift

No comments :

Post a Comment