Pages



Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hump Day

It's amazing to me that even from a 9 hour time change, my best friend knows how to make a seemingly imperfect hump day so much better. Although we like to refer to it as dump day, which is what it ended up feeling like this week...until I received my letter from over seas! The first one at that. I loved opening the mailbox to a flashy little envelope labeled "priority mail" and as I turned it over to see that it was from Megan I thought, "damn right, priority!" Life lately has felt a bit empty and I'm referring to the lately as the time since Megan has been gone. It's the strangest feeling and the only way I can think to describe it, is that a part of me is missing and I can't seem to find it.  I was in my element two Saturdays ago when I spent nearly two and a half hours Skyping with that lovely lady. I live for those moments these days because I no longer have her to come home to and complain about issues that only she could understand, or share with her the disgusting amount of food I was able to consume in one sitting (only to feel defeated because my intake was nothing compared to hers), or snuggle in bed together watching an episode of Friends (who am I kidding, correction: a season of).  So thank you Megan Rose for allowing my dump day to be filled with a moment of "loling" while I sat alone and shook my head at what you hoped for in my life currently. 

1 comment :

  1. Gosh, I love you so much! and I'm so glad that my card made it and that the priority sticker did its job in making you feel like a priority –– not sure if I needed that, but when you can only understand half of what the person at the post office is saying... you end up with extra stuff... or getting laughed at for putting stamps worth too much money on your envelopes. I can't freaking wait for you to come here and I miss our daily recaps an indescribable amount. <3

    ReplyDelete