Pages



Wednesday, January 29, 2014

my other half

...and I mean half as in half a person. However, is honestly probably considered a fourth of a person. 

This little person is who I spend the majority of my time with and have grown to love. She has a way of allowing me to forget that it is that dreadful Monday morning every week I walk in the door, as she greets me with a not all there smile and not all there hair (for real, hair when will you grow?). Whose favorite words are momma and bike and in no particular order. She also really enjoys saying butt butt as she smacks her bottom and throws in a huge laugh after, and no I did not teach her that. Whose favorite food is ham (she's such a little ham as well), who loves taking my empty Starbucks coffee cups and holding onto them for at least an hour minimum (I know this is probably how coffee fiends are created), whose favorite animal is the duck, whose favorite song is "What Does the Fox Say" but I'm trying to change that.  She thinks she becomes invisible when she closes her eyes and turns her head away from me whenever I tell her it's time for a nap.  Then laughs in disappointment as I tell her "Penny, I can still see you, and it's still time to lay down."  She plays the harmonica, loves to dance, and even throws her hands in the air as if she created "raise the roof."  She  loves showing off her shoes to anyone that will compliment them, even if they've already mistaken her for a boy. This is a cool girl in the making because not only have I taught her to master the art of highfiving at the age of one and a half, but she has also learned how to "pound it" all thanks to my notion that we need to keep it real. P-pie, you rock.

No comments :

Post a Comment