Pages



Monday, May 5, 2014

Ocean Shores

This is Ocean Shores, Washington...

What I would give to own this beach house...


When I opted out of going to Vegas with my dad and brother, my dad's girlfriend offered me a weekend getaway at the beach.  Needless to say, it was one of the best decisions I've made.  You can't go wrong with the beach.  It's enjoyable whether/weather (see what I did there?) rainy or sunny and in this case, I got a little bit of both.  Relaxation took top priority as I read by the fire and enjoyed multiple movies.


I arrived just in time to catch the last glimpse of sun the beach was going to offer for the weekend.  We walked along and talked about the excitement of life lately, and what we hoped for in the future, as I near graduation. It was the perfect setting. 

Days should always end like this. 

Saturday we went into town, and walked through these shops which are offered in every color. Too cute.

We enjoyed amazing dinners at a budget set way beyond our means, with portion sizes way beyond our means.  We struggled to spend it all, after being informed that alcohol could not count towards our spending. 

This forced us to order dessert. *Eating it in bed was not forced*

I read somewhere that before you turn thirty, you should travel alone.  Although it was referring to traveling alone in another country, I think the six hours I spent alone in the car with my music (most of it country for this trip), was amazing.  I enjoy the time I get to spend alone, maybe even too much (if that's a real thing?).  But unattaching myself from everyday life and exploring what this world has to offer, is exhilarating and leaves me with moments that I will never forget.


I noticed this wall on my way, and decided I needed to stop on the way back for pictures.  I let Megan know how disappointed I was that she wouldn't be with me for it, but she said "Do it! Use your tripod and just remind yourself that it's for me because I love you and America." 
Right after, I text her to let her know the task was complete.  She informed me her day was the best day as well as she was able to spend an afternoon alone reading, cooking, and being in her underwear. Oh, how I miss her. 

Peace and love from America, my dear. 

No comments :

Post a Comment